Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tiger Oscar South American Cichlid

This post may bring a few questions, WHAT IS A CICHLID? Well I have the answer! A cichlid is a special type of fish that comes from South America, and Africa. They can be bought at petsmart at a low price, and many other cichlids which I may blog about in the future. There are three types of oscars, Tiger, albino tiger, and red. My good friend has a tiger oscar. I wil include a picture of a tiger oscar. Back to the subject of care, a cichlid will eat nearly anything you drop in the tank. We feed my friends cichlid worms, mealworms, crickets, minnows, and goldfish. They will also eat pellets. When they grow very large (almost a foot in a 30 gallon aquarium) you will have to feed them about 6 times a day!!!!! They are agressive and should not be left with small fish, or pirahnahs. They can however live very well with bottom feeders. Another one of my friends has two bottom feeders with they're 21 year old 1 foot long albino oscar cichlid! Well I think I've provided enough information, so I hope you learned a lot :)

2 comments:

  1. How can you tell a male from a female tiger oscar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing fishing trip Island , Off the hook adventures provide fishing services of South Africa Tiger Fishing and fly fishing South Island New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete